Set your security as high as possible to protect your valuable assets, even if you have some inconvenience in using them. Although VitBlock is fully pre-emptively blocking external hacking through more than financial institution security devices, it does not prevent individuals from stealing assets due to their negligence. Nothing is more important than protecting your precious assets.
Once you have logged in to VitBlock, choose Account Settings → Security Settings and follow the instructions below. Apply all settings so that the security rating is "advanced".
- Change login password: The login password must contain at least eight digits, all uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special symbols, and change to a password not used by other sites at least once every three months.
- Authenticate with Google at login: Add Google authentication with two-factor authentication when logging in.
- Link Mobile phone number: Make sure you go through SMS authentication when transferring, changing password, or setting security.
- Link Google Authenticator: Make sure to work with Google Authenticator for two-factor authentication.
- Set Fund Password: The Fund Password is used for transactions and withdrawals. Fund password should not be easily extensible, identical, continuous numbers, etc. in your personal information. You must defer Google authentication before you can set it up.
- Set anti-phishing code: Any email sent by VitBlock will insert the anti-phishing code you set. See email samples below with anti-phishing codes inserted.
- Fund Password Valid Period: VitBlock receives the Fund Password for safety and self-confirmation when dealing. If you choose to enter every time or every 2 hours, you can make a more secure deal.
When you insert a anti-phishing code, the anti-phishing code is always inserted in the normal email as follows: If you receive a mail without this code from VitBlock, ignore that email and delete it as it is 100% phishing.